The link to download Microsoft Office will be available to you during each quarter that you are actively enrolled at GRC.
Shortly after the beginning of each Fall Quarter the system updates. How does this affect you?
- If you are currently enrolled at GRC then no action is necessary. Your Microsoft Office and OneDrive will continue to work for another year.
- If you are not currently enrolled at GRC, your MS Office license will be downgraded and Microsoft will notify you that you have a 30 day grace period of read-only access to your OneDrive during which you can either copy your content (documents) somewhere else or purchase your own MS Office/OneDrive license to be able to edit your content again.
- If you start attending a class at GRC within that 30 day grace period, then within a couple of days of registering at GRC, your license will be automatically renewed and the warning should go away until the next Fall quarter.
- If you are not enrolled and do not purchase your own license within that 30 day grace period, then:
- You will only have access to your GRC student email inbox
- You will lose access to all other Microsoft services (Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint, Stream, Sway, Planner, etc.) previously accessed through your GRC student email account and Microsoft will delete all of the files stored in your GRC student account’s OneDrive.
- If you did not purchase your own license, but enroll at GRC after the 30 day grace period, your OneDrive content will have been deleted, but you will again have the option to download and re-install MS Office for free from the link in your student GRC email account.
If you have questions, please contact a GRC Librarian:
- in person at the Holman Library Reference desk during open hours
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 253-833-9111 ext. 2091