Creating Citations for Images
Did you know you are required to cite images in papers and presentations?
In the body of the paper or on a slide:
- Above the image:
- Include the bolded word Figure and the number of the figure (you would need to number any subsequent figures sequentially in your paper)
- Include the title of the image in title-case italics
- Below the image:
- Include this word in italics: Note.
- Include citation information in this format (note that this is a different format than the formal APA citation that you include on the References page):
- for webpages:
- Title of Webpage in Italics and Title Case, by A. Author and B. Author, year, Site Name (URL). Copyright Year by Name of Copyright Holder
- for articles:
- “Title of Article in Title Case” by A. Author and B. Author, year, Title of Periodical, Volume(Issue), p. xx (DOI or URL). Copyright Year by Name of Copyright Holder.
More Farmers in Peru Have Stopped Planting Coca, Opting for Cacao and Coffee
Note. From Peruvian Prosperity: From Coca Farmer to Chocolate Maker, by N. Guitierrez, 2016, USAID (https://www.usaid.gov/results-data/success-stories/coca-farmer-chocolate-maker). Copyright 2016 by USAID.
On the References page:
- include the entire formal APA citation for the source
USAID. (2016, September). Peruvian prosperity: From coca farmer to chocolate maker. https://www.usaid.gov/results-data/success-stories/coca-farmer-chocolate-maker
More Citation Help