Green River College fosters an in-depth preparation for the study and creation of art. In this guide, you will find information about books and media, ebooks, databases, websites and art images that will help you to write, talk, and think about art from multiple perspectives. Included are:
At first you need to develop a search stategy:
1. State your topic and phrase it as a question - identify the main concepts and keywords for your research.
2. Find background information - look up your keywords in encyclopedias.
3. Use Primo One Search ("Books and Media" tab) to find books and media.
4. Use Databases ("Finding articles" tab) to find periodical articles from newspapers, magazines and academic journals.
5. Find reliable Internet resources.
In this guide you will find a lot of useful resources for your research.
You can find books about art in Main, Reference and Oversize collections under 700 - 799 Dewey Decimal Classification Numbers. Ask a Librarian if you need any help.
700 The arts
703 Dictionaries & encyclopedias
708 Galleries, museums, private collections
710 Civic & landscape art
712 Landscape architecture
721 Architectural structure
729 Design & decoration
730 Plastic arts Sculpture
736 Carving & carvings
738 Ceramic arts
740 Drawing & decorative arts
741 Drawing & drawings
745 Decorative arts
750 Painting & paintings
753 Symbolism, allegory, mythology, legend
760 Graphic arts Printmaking & prints
770 Photography & photographs
778 Fields & kinds of photography
781 General principles & musical forms
782 Vocal music
784 Instruments & Instrumental ensembles
790 Recreational & performing arts
791 Public performances
792 Stage presentations