What is an interlibrary loan?
Know of the perfect book or article for your research but cannot find it at Holman Library? You are not at a dead end! Use Interlibrary Loan to bring any book or article here!
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided to current Green River College students, faculty and staff. If there is a resource you need that is not currently available here we will find it at another library and bring it here for you.
What Can Be Borrowed?
- Books (other than current textbooks)
- Copies of periodical articles
- Some audio-visual materials
How Long Will It Take To Get ILL Materials?
- About two weeks depending on availability
- ILL works best when you start your research projects early
Where Do I Pick Up And Return ILLs and How Will I Know When They Are Available?
- You will be notified by email or phone
- Pick up and return materials at the Circulation Desk
Do ILL Cost Money?
- There is no fee for most ILLs
- Only on a rare occasion would there be a cost
- If there is a cost we will notify you before we place the request
Can ILL Materials Be Renewed?
- You can usually renew items but it is best to renew before the due date
- If the renewal request is denied then materials are due back on the due date