Search for Books & Book Chapters in the Holman Library Collection
Wondering what to type in the search box?
Type in words that capture what you want to learn about.
- Connect and focus your key ideas with AND:
- Expand your search with OR. Use for synonyms and related ideas.
- ex: women OR girls OR gender
- Put exact phrases in quotes:
- ex: "learning styles"
- ex: "class participation"
- Note that not using quotation marks can also be a helpful strategy:
- ex: learning from failure
Type in your search terms to find relevant books and book chapters on your subject.
(click on image to enlarge)
I found this book chapter with my search:
Use Filters to:
- Limit your search to print (available in the library) or digital (view online)
- Limit to book chapters (useful for finding just that one useful chapter!)
- Limit to books and omit videos from this search
- Set a date limit to find fairly current sources
To learn more about a book or article:
- Click on the title.
- Scroll down and read Subject Terms
- Read the Description and/ or the Table of Contents to see what the book is about
The image below highlights the subject terms and table of contents (chapter list) from a book called South Korea's Education Exodus The Life and Times of Early Study Abroad.
- I found this book with the search education AND south korea.