A) Choose one of the following pathologies:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Knee pain, patellofemoral pain
- Spinal cord injury
- Spina bifida
B) Enter your chosen pathology into a search engine (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo,…etc.)
C) Pick 5 of the first 10 websites in the results list and answer the following for each website:
(note: you may wish to use the A.S.P.E.C.T evaluation criteria. to help you provide robust answers to these questions)
- Who is the sponsor of the website?
- How old is the information?
- What are the credentials of the authors (or credentials of the organization if there is no stated author)?
- Who is the target audience of the website and how did you draw that conclusion?
- What is the purpose of the website and what evidence did you use to determine this?
- How accurate is the information on the site and what evidence that led you to this conclusion?
- Do you have any concerns for the public accessing this website? (would you want your patients or family to use this site for information) Why or why not?