What It Is
A virtual course is one where the course is face-to-face in a virtual web-conferencing technology with your instructor at a particular time. Then there is the typical homework and studying as well.
What to Expect
Your face-to-face virtual class will most likely be held in Zoom. Your instructor will give you the link and password to join the session or the directions on how to join from within the class.
- You may be expected to share your webcam at certain points, so be sure you have a webcam that works and you have a background that you feel comfortable sharing
- Let your instructor know ahead of time if you cannot show your webcam for any reason, accommodations can be made
- Try using backgrounds (you can create a free account and set them up)
- You most likely will be expected to speak during the session so make sure you have a microphone or a phone to be able to call in
- You'll need to be able to use the chat feature
- You may be asked to use
- You may be placed into breakout rooms with a small number of your peers to complete an activity
All types of classes should be equal in rigor and time commitment.
How to Enroll in an Virtual Class
Login to ctcLink, and Search for Classes.
- Use the "Location" to filter for "Online"
- Use the "Instruction Mode" to filter for "On-line"
How to See You're Enrolled in an Virtual Class
Login to ctcLink, go to your Class Schedule.