Please go to the Holman Library homepage: https://www.greenriver.edu/campus/campus-resources/holman-library/ . Please find the answer the following questions and share them with others in your group. Feel free to work together. (Hint: In some cases, a question has more than one answer; providing one correct answer is enough, though.)
- Where – please give the URL -- can you search for books, videos, and articles simultaneously?
- Where -- please give the URL -- can you find out whether an instructor has put materials (such as textbooks) on reserve for a particular class?
- What book – title, please – is on reserve for OTA 120? If you want to use that book in the library, where do you get it?
- Where -- please give the URL – can you find Holman Library’s research guide for Nursing?
- Choose A or B.
A. Where -- please give the URL – can you find Holman Library’s research guide for ENGL 099 - Introductory Composition?
- Where -- please give the URL – can you find Holman Library’s research guide on news literacy and fake news?
- During spring quarter, how late is Holman Library open on Thursdays? On Fridays? On Wednesday, June 6th?
- Holman Library subscribes to Films on Demand, a collection of streaming videos. About how many videos are in this collection? See if it has a video on a subject you expect to research for this class or to study in another GRC class.
- We use electronic databases to find articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers. Name one database that you might use to find articles on steel tariffs. Please give the URL of the search page for that database.
- If you want information on a subject, but don’t know where to start, what do you do? If you don’t like the articles you’ve found, what do you do? If you can’t find the book you want, what do you do?
- On the small piece of paper you received, please tell me one (or more) of the following:
- One helpful thing you’ve learned today
- Something you wish you’d learned or that was badly explained
- How this workshop could be improved.