Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why Use Books?
|Why Use Books?
- can give you an in-depth analysis of your topic
- can get you a historical perspecitve on your topic to see how it has evolved over time
- often are written by authors who are experts or have taken the time to do research on a particular subject
- help you understand the complexity your topic
When you find a book...
- you do not have to read the whole book! Instead look at the table of contents in the front to find which chapters will be most helpful to you
- look in the back of the book. Often there is a list of sources that the author consulted when he or she wrote the book. You might want to use these sources for your research, too!
- evaluate it to determine if it is a credible sources for your research
Get Books from Other Libraries
Search INSIDE electronic books
- Search INSIDE ELECTRONIC BOOKS through Ebrary
- This method may give you more results thatn simply searching the library catalog
Find previews of books through GOOGLE BOOKS
1. Search Google Books to find full text or partial text of books online
2. Choose books that indicate "Preview" You may not see entire text of the book, but many of the chapters may be included. You can often find great information in these chapters.
Holman Library Primo One Search
Search for print books, ebooks, and videos available at the library and online.
Use filters on the left to limit by specific source type, date range, and more.