Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why Use Books?
Books can give you the in-depth analysis of your topic
- can get you a historical perspecitve on your topic to see how it has evolved over time
- often are written by authors who are experts or have taken the time to do research on a particular subject
- help you understand the complexity your topic
When you find a book...
- you do not have to read the whole book! Instead look at the table of contents in the front to find which chapters will be most helpful to you
- look in the back of the book. Often there is a list of sources that the author consulted when he or she wrote the book. You might want to use these sources for your research, too!
Is a "good" book for your research? EVALUATE IT!
Find Books in the Holman Library
Search for BOOKS & EBOOKS in the Holman Library catalog
1. Search Tips: enter broad search words relating to your topic, such as:
- business leadership
- corporate philanthropy
- online marketing
- china business
- strategic development
- corporate profits
2. Limit results to books using the Source Type limiter on the left of the results page.
- Write down the "call number"
- Ask a librarian for help finding books on the shelves.
- If a book says [electronic resource] in the title, this is an electronic book.
- You can read this book online anywhere you have an internet connection.
Get Books and Articles from Other Libraries
Get Books and Articles from other Libraries
A great resource for InterLibrary Loan that searches collections from libraries worldwide.
4. To see an example of how to make a request, click below:
Search INSIDE electronic books
Search INSIDE ELECTRONIC BOOKS through Ebrary
- This method may give you more results than simply searching the library catalog
eBooks -- ProQuest Ebook Central
Over 52,000 full-text online books for Green River College programs -- Aviation, Business, Computer Technologies, Criminal Justice, English, Humanities, Nursing & Allied Health, Social Sciences, Sciences, Wastewater Technology.
Google Books may help you find full text or partial text of books online
- Books that show "preview available" will not show you the entire book; however, you can often find great info on just these preview pages