Research your Animals & Geologic Era
Find the following information:
- "profiles" for all three of your animals, including size, shape, and genus
- information on the biology of all three of your animals, including diet and habitat
- the taxonomic classification of your animals
- the geologic time period in which the animals lived
- a map of the paleogeography of the era
- images of what your three animals are thought to have looked like
- facts about the discovery of the fossil and subsequent discovery
- info on the first person who described the animal and the date it was first described
- 3 additional interesting facts
Keep in mind that one resource may not have all the information you want or need.
Extra Credit Info:
You may also include additional information to earn up extra credit. For example:
- Include extra information and/or extra images that explain more about your animal or write extra facts about one or more of your 3 animals.
- Include an additional animal that was not listed in the instructions or outlines as off limits/reserved.
- Include information about one of the paleontologists or a paleoartist who worked on one or more of your animals.
- You can also earn extra credit by creating your own reconstruction of one or more of the animals you are presenting, BUT you must submit a short separate report that includes: 1) an image of both your work while it was in progress (not yet finished), 2) your finished work, and 3) a short statement about how you decided what the animal’s appearance would be.
- Your project requires you to conduct research in and cite at least five sources.
- You will write a properly formatted APA style bibliography with at least five numbered references.
- Each reference should have a short description of what information it provided.
- You need to indicate which sources (must be a minimum of one) you found through Holman Library and indicate whether your source was print or Web for all your sources.
- You can find that information in the library One Search. Please ask if you'd like help with that.
Sample Bibliography (click on image to enlarge):
Books were found in Holman Library.